Table of Contents1. How to access the Automations page2. How automation campaigns are organized (New Clients, Milestones, etc)3. Details of an automation trigger4. How to edit subject lines5. How to update Mailchimp templates6. Turning on/off automation rules7. How automated emails and texts display differently
Before you begin:
The Automations tab within the Loyalsnap portal houses all of the automated emails and text messages that are sent to clients without ever having to click a send button.
For additional information on email and text message automations, please contact the Account Management team via email by clicking here.
1. How to access the Automations page
- Go to portal.loyalsnap.com to login to the Portal
- Enter your email address and password
- If you have trouble logging in, you can click the “Forgot your Password?” link to reset
- Hover over the left-hand side menu, and click Automations
2. How automation campaigns are organized (New Clients, Milestones, etc)
The automated email and text message rules are grouped into a few basic sections.
Leads - automated emails and texts to clients that have not yet created an account in your booking platform.
New Clients - automated emails and texts to clients that have created accounts in the booking platform and purchased any introductory offers.
Milestones - automated emails and texts as clients hit significant milestones (25th, 50th, 99th, 249th, etc).
- Note: We send automated emails prior to the most significant milestones so clients can know to celebrate the big achievements on their next visit.
- Note: We will also CC your preferred email address on these automations. This is usually the studio's main email address
Expiring Packages - automated emails and texts to clients that have non-intro offer packages that are running out of credits or expiring soon.
Third Party - automated emails and texts to clients that visit on packages associated with third parties like Groupon and ClassPass.
Post Purchase - automated emails and texts to clients who have just purchased a specific pricing option.
Lapsed Clients - automated emails and texts to clients whose packages have lapsed and have not been back in the studio in a certain amount of time (14 days, 30 days, 60 days, etc).
- Typically, these emails will include an incentive for clients to come back in, e.g. a reduced price 10-pack of classes.
Waitlist - automated email and text when a client is moved off a waitlist and into a class.
- Note: Currently only available for studios using Mindbody.
Class Messaging - message clients before or after online classes
- Note: you must have this as a part of your Loyalsnap subscription. If you do not, please email the Account Management team.
Other - miscellaneous automated emails and text messages
3. Details of an automation trigger
The basic details of a given automated trigger are outlined in the name of the rule that is displayed.
Naming can be very simple, for example, “Welcome message after registration” or “25th visit anniversary message”.
For more complex triggering rules, the names will be more detailed, such as “Message client when 4 days remaining, if they’re on one of 2 packages if they visited between 2 and 3 times”. For more information on triggers such as the one above, you can click the *dropdown arrow icon* to the left of the trigger name to see more details. Note: packages to target will display a list of all the pricing options the automated rule will trigger for.
4. How to edit subject lines
- To view the subject line of any automated email, click the *drop down arrow icon* to the right of the trigger rule.
- In the Email Subject field that appears you can view the current subject line and edit as needed.
- Once you are done editing the subject line, click Save to finalize your changes.
5. How to update Mailchimp templates
If your studio already uses Mailchimp and a member of the Loyalsnap onboarding team designed the templates within your already existing Mailchimp account, use the instructions below. However, if you do not have a Mailchimp account, instructions to update your templates can be found here.
- To view the content of any automation, click the eye icon next to the name of the trigger.
- If you see any content that needs to be edited, simply click the dropdown arrow to the right of the trigger.
- Click the Edit Template button. This will take you into your MailChimp account, to make your changes
- You can find detailed directions on making edits in MailChimp here.
6. Turning on/off automation rules
- To view the content of any automation, click the next to the name of the trigger.
- If you would like to turn off this automated rule, click the blue toggle icon to the right of the trigger and it will turn grey to indicate the rule has been turned off.
- Simply click the grey toggle icon again when you want to turn the automated rule on.
7. How automated emails and texts display differently
Email and text message automation are differentiated by the icon that displays to the left of the trigger name.
- The blueindicates the automation is an email.
- The green indicates the automation is a text message.
- For further clarification on which type of message the trigger is, you can click the drop down arrow icon to the right of the trigger.
- Email rules will display a subject line field for you to edit.
- If the only option is the "Edit Template" button, it is another indication that the automation is a text message.